Responsible for the routine maintenance of accounts receivable calculations and records, including cash receipts, claims, overdue invoices, interest charges, refunds, and related items. Maintains vendor compliance and acceptable customer service levels.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Computes and records interest charges, refunds and similar items and responsible for the accurate preparation of account statements.
- Performs basic data entry and general research of data within the department systems necessary to update and maintain account information. Supports customer requests for special billing services.
- Coordinates/follows up with service centers regarding missing COD checks and records and distributes COD checks to customers.
- Researches unapplied payments, notifies customers, records responses, and processes refund/application requests.
- Tracks and researches short payments from customers to determine need for rebilling or balance write off.
- Analyzes exceptions, reviews correspondence for follow-up and routes unresolved items to the appropriate departments.
- Verifies data entry of account information in multiple systems. Clears and matches account information.
- Performs clerical functions necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.