Main point of contact between the internal team and key suppliers, ensuring prompt service and guaranteed response time. Maintains close working relationships with and generates new business from existing key customers. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Provides internal support to maximize sales and revenue growth through key supplier support. Gathers detailed information about accounts.
Responsible for growing the business by developing sales and ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service possible. Ensure that requests and opportunities are consistently, accurately and ethically administered in a timely manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Establishes and achieves sales growth and profit objectives through the development, implementation and monitoring of joint growth plan with key supplier.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales volume and profit margin within the assigned customer base
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify the customer's short- and long-term needs, as well as outlining specific goals to meet those needs
- Contacts established and prospective customers to solicit orders. Primary means of contact is via telephone, though management may require face-to-face customer contact in some cases.
- Answers questions about products, prices and durability. Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of customer
- Maintains a current and accurate base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customer
- Serves as point of contact for escalating issues or activities that the customer encounters during product implementation/utilization. Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints
- Assists the Credit Department in obtaining information that enables the company to minimize risks associated with the extension of credit to customers. Engages in and supports collection efforts on past due amounts owed by a customer
- Facilitates leads, drives execution and provides follow up, execution reporting
- 2-3 years prior sales or telesales account management experience
- Experience with sales contracts, conducting sales calls and closing sales
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable motor vehicle record to meet carrier requirements.
- Experience with PPE, Abrasives, tapes & Adhesives and/or Electrical considered an asset
Career Level Dimensions
- Training/Experience: BS/BA in a related discipline or college equivalent preferred. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field
- Problem Complexity: Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
- Autonomy: Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process
- Leadership: May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion